Can anyone help me out? I have probbly gotten onto a wrong site when off to download Anti-Virus programs for my new computer, this one. As a result i got infected by over 50 virusses. Now most of them were trojans, so after completely reinstalling Windows with boot floppys (immediately after starting up my comp kept resetting itself..) and downlaoding lots of anti virus, this was pretty much te only problem remaining.
Oh, and my IExplorer homepage keep setting itself to something i dont want.

Now, even though i have quite some experience with computers, i think i can better let this be handled by the experts.
Can anyone inform me on what to run and such?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Can anyone help me out? I have probbly gotten onto a wrong site when off to download Anti-Virus programs for my new computer, this one. As a result i got infected by over 50 virusses. Now most of them were trojans, so after completely reinstalling Windows with boot floppys (immediately after starting up my comp kept resetting itself..) and downlaoding lots of anti virus, this was pretty much te only problem remaining.
Oh, and my IExplorer homepage keep setting itself to something i dont want.

Now, even though i have quite some experience with computers, i think i can better let this be handled by the experts.
Can anyone inform me on what to run and such?

So this is a spyware problem? or what. an error? whats teh error. If spyware pleas put it in spyware section. If not Be more specific

Welcome to Daniweb. :D

Well, uhm.
Whenever i try to turn off the computer i get a messge from Win Min which doesn responds. After looking around a bit on the internet i noticed this was spware, but im really sorta kinda new on this site though, i figured id post it on the win2000 board cause im running on win2000.
;)

Ill run off to the Spyware section now then, Oops ^^;;;

Well, uhm.
Whenever i try to turn off the computer i get a messge from Win Min which doesn responds. After looking around a bit on the internet i noticed this was spware, but im really sorta kinda new on this site though, i figured id post it on the win2000 board cause im running on win2000.
;)

Ill run off to the Spyware section now then, Oops ^^;;;

lol, good idea you will get LOTS more help there :D

This thread has been reposted to the proper forum and is now closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.