When I installed Chrome, it asked if I wanted to import my bookmarks from other browsers. Despite saying I wanted the Firefox ones, the new item in the menu says 'Imported from IE'.
Which means if I want to access one of those I've got to go: Other Bookmarks / Imported from IE /<bookmark>.
What I would like to be able to do is to copy all those bookmarks up one level, to the 'Other Bookmarks' menu.
So far, I seem to be only able to copy one at a time, and considering the number of bookmarks that is something I would rather not have to do.
Is there some way of mass copying the bookmarks?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

try follow this link :http://www.thewwwblog.com/import-bookmarks-into-google-chrome-browser.html

else backup the bookmarks in firefox (Bookamrks -> Show All Bookmarks) -> (Library->Import and Backup button -> Export html, in window opened) , which will generate an html file to store on your hard-disk. then, open chrome, open the bookmark manager, click on Organise -> import bookmarks, and find the saved html file to import.

hope this helps

When I installed Chrome, it asked if I wanted to import my bookmarks from other browsers. Despite saying I wanted the Firefox ones, the new item in the menu says 'Imported from IE'.
Which means if I want to access one of those I've got to go: Other Bookmarks / Imported from IE /<bookmark>.
What I would like to be able to do is to copy all those bookmarks up one level, to the 'Other Bookmarks' menu.
So far, I seem to be only able to copy one at a time, and considering the number of bookmarks that is something I would rather not have to do.
Is there some way of mass copying the bookmarks?

you can always export the bookmarks to a single html file - edit the file and then import them back in
but this means you need to feel comfortable with HTML lists

Sorry, but I know nothing about html lists. Is there a quick way to learn up on them, or is there another solution?

Actually, I've just done something else, that works, much more simply.
I opened the bookmark manager, clicked on 'Imported from IE' to show all of them.Then Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C. Then clicked on 'Other Bookmarks' and did a Ctrl-V.
They all now appear at the higher level, then did Organise/Reorder by title and they are now at the higher level and sorted into order.
Amazing, I didn't think something as simple could work!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.