When I install sony vegas 8.0 i got an error message.

Extracting file failed, it is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet.

I certainly don t have an issue with low memory so what can you guys tell me about this corrupted Cabinet. (I recently re-formatted yet this problem is still there)

DXDIAG

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, MMX,3DNow (2CPUs)
RAM: 768MB
Direct X Version: DirectX 9.0c

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you download the program you are trying to install? If yes, then my guess is that the file got corrupted while downloading. Try to download again, and make sure the size downloaded is the same as what is indicated the file size should be, that way you know you have all of it in the zip.

hi
this is a problem i come across in my business and my suggestion if this was a zip file
find source of location where it came from is it a reputable site was it software free download try cnet download.com has a great reputation for free downloads they give each software program a rating if you still have problems with software being corrupted or damaged you can report to cnet they will remove the software publisher i hope this helps

yes..i downloaded it from the internet..i use torrent in downloading this software..
after i download this software i install it and its ok then i reformat my computer but when i install it i got this error...

i already use chkdsk on the drive where that software is stored but still the same...

or is this a virus???

You formatted your computer? To me it means that you wiped everything from your hard disk? If so, it means that after format, you also re-installed your OS? So first check all device drivers, if they are up to date!

BTW, do you run antivirus on your pc, since you use torrents, it is very important?

thanks...i think its a virus cause when i scan my pc i got downloader virus...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.