Can anyone tell me ?.Why i am getting the following error ?.i don't want to delete my
emails .Kindly let me know the idea .is there any way to resolve this issue .without deleting my emails from inbox.any help would be highly appreciated.

You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 256000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size.
To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using or move them to your personal folder file (.pst). Items in all of your mailbox folders including the Deleted Items and Sent Items folders count against your size limit.
You must empty the Deleted Items folder after deleting items or the space will not be freed.
See client Help for more information.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

If I am reading the message correctly it is from your email service provider notifying you that the size of your mailbox on the email server is approaching the limit. Outlook allows you to save your email locally (on your computer as opposed to the server). Storing your email locally means that you cannot access them from other computers but allows you to have them available when off line(not connected to the internet). I personally normally store emails on the server for a max of 7 days and keep everything on my local hard drive. I also make backups of the local files onto DVD every now and then just in case.

Hello,

If I am reading the message correctly it is from your email service provider notifying you that the size of your mailbox on the email server is approaching the limit. Outlook allows you to save your email locally (on your computer as opposed to the server). Storing your email locally means that you cannot access them from other computers but allows you to have them available when off line(not connected to the internet). I personally normally store emails on the server for a max of 7 days and keep everything on my local hard drive. I also make backups of the local files onto DVD every now and then just in case.

hi friends again,when i am going from one profile to another profile .it says cannot start Microsoft Outlook.out of memory or System Resources .close Some Windows or porgrams and try again .Kindly let me know .Thx in Advance .

if you shut down and reboot ,and open outlook first thing do you still get that out of resources error

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.