I used to be able to attach Word 2003 documents to my yahoo.com or sbc.com email account. Now I get the following: Invalid file specified. Please try again.

If I copy the same file to my local drive, it attaches fine. The strange thing... if I use my hotmail account, I can attach the document across the network just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mich

I used to be able to attach Word 2003 documents to my yahoo.com or sbc.com email account. Now I get the following: Invalid file specified. Please try again.

If I copy the same file to my local drive, it attaches fine. The strange thing... if I use my hotmail account, I can attach the document across the network just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mich

Mich,

I have the same problem, and have been surfing the net looking for a solution. As of yet, all I have found is more people with the same problem. I own 2 computers, and on one, I get the same message, invalid file specified. On the other, no error message at yahoo, but after the upload is done, the page won't change back to the compose page. So I'm assuming it's a yahoo problem.

A note: I also downloaded INTERNET EXPLORER 7 BETA, and that's when the problems started. So I thought that might be the problem, however, I have read the same complaint from other people who have had the same problem since FEBRUARY 2006, and the IE7 BETA wasn't available for download until March 20th, 2006.

I'll keep looking. If I find anything, I'll post it. GOOD LUCK! Looks like we're both gonna need it.

Steve :-|

Mich,

I have the same problem, and have been surfing the net looking for a solution. As of yet, all I have found is more people with the same problem. I own 2 computers, and on one, I get the same message, invalid file specified. On the other, no error message at yahoo, but after the upload is done, the page won't change back to the compose page. So I'm assuming it's a yahoo problem.

A note: I also downloaded INTERNET EXPLORER 7 BETA, and that's when the problems started. So I thought that might be the problem, however, I have read the same complaint from other people who have had the same problem since FEBRUARY 2006, and the IE7 BETA wasn't available for download until March 20th, 2006.

I'll keep looking. If I find anything, I'll post it. GOOD LUCK! Looks like we're both gonna need it.

Steve :-|

Append. - Try right clicking on Internet Explorer, click on Internet Options. Click the Security Tab, and under Security Level for this Zone, click "Default". It worked for me, and I am now attaching files at yahoo again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.