Hi

I'm based in the UK and just upgraded to braodband with BT Yahoo. Part of the package is BT Yahoo Browser. Just another web browser. Everytime I click a link in an email or document etc it opens the BT Yahoo browser not IE6. I have tried checking the "check IE is the default web browser button" but it does nothing. Any idea how I get IE6 to be my only web browser or do I need to uninstall the BT yahoo browser?

Al

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

what windows OS are u using .if win XP go to add remove programs in the control panel ,and you will see in the left colum .set programs axcess and defaults .

you are really wondeful!!! Thank you so very much I have been getting really pi$$ed with this for some time now so thanks for that it works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what windows OS are u using .if win XP go to add remove programs in the control panel ,and you will see in the left colum .set programs axcess and defaults .

what if win 2000

what if win 2000

Hacer u tried ,check IE is the default web browser button,find this in IE/tools/internet options /programs .down the bottom!
I don't use 2000 and have only used it on a few occasions ,not sure if it has another way like XP

OK, I too have just go btwreless broadband...I can access the ne fine, however ther are some sies the browser jsut doesnt like! I can get unto google, news sites etc however I've tried accessing sites like www.tradedoubler.com or www.CJ.com and its not letting me? any ideas what i need to change to make this happen.

All that appears is a browser cannot detect error page, oter times it launches a google search page with links to the urls im trying to find. I click on th sponsorde links and its still comes up with the browser cannot detect page!

I addition, when I try goin gto some websites such as www.hi5.com some images just refuse to load..and still i can access most sites with out having this problem...

any ideas? please help. the system is a win xp..

just want to add that itactually brings up "yahoo search"..not google..as mentioned earlier.

thx

I've reached the "set program access defaults"...wha do I do next?

OK, I too have just go btwreless broadband...I can access the ne fine, however ther are some sies the browser jsut doesnt like! I can get unto google, news sites etc however I've tried accessing sites like www.tradedoubler.com or www.CJ.com and its not letting me? any ideas what i need to change to make this happen.

All that appears is a browser cannot detect error page, oter times it launches a google search page with links to the urls im trying to find. I click on th sponsorde links and its still comes up with the browser cannot detect page!

I addition, when I try goin gto some websites such as www.hi5.com some images just refuse to load..and still i can access most sites with out having this problem...

any ideas? please help. the system is a win xp..

u need to install
1.macromedia shockwave player
2.macromedia flash player
3.java run time environment

to load the pages properly

they are free to download

u need to install
1.macromedia shockwave player
2.macromedia flash player
3.java run time environment

to load the pages properly

they are free to download

>THanks

> I couldnt get to the macromedia or apple sites. it keeps saying "page cannot be displayed" - with this url http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=www.macromedia.com&fr=ieas-dns

> however, Ive gone to the www.tucows.com site and dowlnloaded these.

Still nuthing happening. Is this something to do with XP?

WOuld it have been easier if I had bough an apple macintosh?

please get back

thanks for your efforts so far..any other suggestion. BT support were no hlp to me other than keeping me waiting for 20mins and then telling me to re-boot! ARggghhhhhh...its jsut really fruastrating! :(

- T

>THanks

> I couldnt get to the macromedia or apple sites. it keeps saying "page cannot be displayed" - with this url http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=www.macromedia.com&fr=ieas-dns

> however, Ive gone to the www.tucows.com site and dowlnloaded these.

Still nuthing happening. Is this something to do with XP?

WOuld it have been easier if I had bough an apple macintosh?

please get back

thanks for your efforts so far..any other suggestion. BT support were no hlp to me other than keeping me waiting for 20mins and then telling me to re-boot! ARggghhhhhh...its jsut really fruastrating! :(

- T

Hi
todboy_bt
i recommend u to open ur own thread so that u can get better replies

Hi

I'm based in the UK and just upgraded to braodband with BT Yahoo. Part of the package is BT Yahoo Browser. Just another web browser. Everytime I click a link in an email or document etc it opens the BT Yahoo browser not IE6. I have tried checking the "check IE is the default web browser button" but it does nothing. Any idea how I get IE6 to be my only web browser or do I need to uninstall the BT yahoo browser?

Al

Hi,
If you open Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet Options, on the Programs tab you should see a section titled Default Web Browser
This will enable you to set IE6 as your default browser & prompt you if it isn't.
I am running IE7 now, so apologies if the settings appear slightly different on yours.
Good luck - hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.