Hello, i want a piece of software to run on my WS2008R2 to manage and run multiple DHCP networks. I don't want to use the built in DHCP role as i find it confusing. I have googled for various software i can install to do it, btu im wondering if any of you here have any prefered software that i should use, that is fairly simple to use?
Any suggestions would be great!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I don't want to use the built in DHCP role as i find it confusing.

Is there something about the built-in DHCP server service that you need help with? I'd recommend you try to overcome the obstacles. It's really easy to install and manage and it integrates with DNS if you need it to.

Agree with JorgeM. The MS DHCP service is pretty solid. I've never had any issues with it once configured.

Ill look into the MS DHCP role again soon, when the network isn't being used, if i need help, ill give you a shout. Thanks!

you can use most routers to give out DHCP, but I agree that MS DHCP is easier to use. Just consider DHCP resilience if you've got a large network. Some people host DHCP servers on virtual infrastructure to enable a quick restore if there is a problem with a windows server running DHCP.

Some DHCPs can be very complicated with large numbers of scopes and reservations.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.