Before I begin, I want to apologize if this is in the wrong board. Please move it if it is.

A friend of mine was going to toss a Dell PowerEdge 2950 and so I gladly took it off his hands. It has a SAS bay on the front that fits 6 hard drives. I have 4x 73GB SAS drives that fit and are recognized by the SAS utility when the machine boots.

I am able to see all of the drives when I attempt to install Windows Server. However, they all show up as separate drives. I want to set this up so that I can use two drives, partitioned as one, to install Windows on (make the C drive 146GB instead of C being 73GB and another being 73GB).

I am unfamiliar with this sort of process, can someone help me out? Is this possible?

You can do that with either hardware, or software RAID tools. If the system has hardware RAID capabilities (accessible via the bios usually - enable verbose boot so you can get into the RAID bios) then you can set it up to use 2 drives as a single disc image, and the other 2 as the mirror device. If not, then you will need to use the Windows Sever RAID tools to do the same, which should be accessible when you run the installer disc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.