My issue: For whatever reason I now have 15 updates that won't update. It goes through the process and when rebooting it says "Failure" and goes through the reverting process, then boots to Win 7-64. Later from the Taskbar it will tell me I have 15 downloads and will want to start the reboot process. At that point it hangs at 35%, reboots and the same issue coming up. I've run Malwarebytes, and Norton has not come up with any problems. Thoughts on this appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Thanks for the input Tiger, the MS tool installed, but did not correct the issue. So, here's what I did: Had 16 Updates in the que. I manually downloaded one and it installed successfully. Then went to 2, 3 and 4; all installed successfully. For the last round I tried to install 5, 4 took one failed. I then singularly installed the one successfully that failed when I tried to install 5. I don't know if this tells us anything or not. I reset for automatic downloads, so we'll see what happens when Microsoft sends the next batch. My machine is really clean; took care of the registry, and ran Malwarebytes and Norton in SafeMode. Norton did find about 50 critters, but did expunge them. I did notice at times the Processor shot up to 46% and it seldom does that and the 8 gigs of RAM was at about 26%. I believe my resources are adequate. I would be interested in any further thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to respond, it is appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.