Hi Friends, Trying to download music tracks from Amazon to I-Tunes; have bought tracks and installed their download icon but when I try to open it I get the message "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy. For more information see event viewer or contact system administrator." (Guess that's me as have had the PC from new! (yes okay I'm on XP !). Thanks for looking.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The software restriction policy is probably from Amazon. You should check with them. As a side note, NEVER buy music, videos, or software that encorporate DRM (Digital Restrictions Management). When you do that, you aren't purchasing it. You are simply renting it. They can remove your access to your content at their will and you will be SOL.

Here I have Amazon Music both the app and music. But it's on Windows 7 and Windows 10 so XP? It was nice while it lasted. The error to me points to permission issues, app doesn't work on Windows XP or other.

Since most of Amazon Music is MP3 (at least here) and no DRM you can get your MP3 and manually add it to iTunes.

IN FACT XP and iTunes means you can't use the latest iTunes and I know Amazon's Music app expects the latest iTunes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.