I need to store videos and pictures somewhere. I host my sites on shared hosting because they don't require much power and shared hosting can handle them just fine (for now).

I'm planning to create something new that requires video and picture uploading. So I need storage space to upload files, I'll lose bandwidth for displaying images/videos.

I was looking at S3 and Google Cloud but they have few billing options. Can someone who is more experienced tell me which should I use and how those cloud storages work. Do they bill bandwidth and storage, what about displaying videos and so on? I also saw they bill some requests, PUT, GET...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

AWS doesn't charge you for uploading stuff, but they do for downloading stuff from the cloud. I would assume that Google and Azure are similar.

Also, what about dropbox? Not sure what their basic storage amounts are for the free version, but you can pay I think for more storage.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.