Hi..im having a serious issue..we have three computers hooked up to a DSL modem using Linksys Router RT41-BU...my roomate has installed Vista Beta 2 on his two comps while I am still running XP Pro. Now all of the sudden the bandwidth has gone crazy he is sucking it all up and some program which looks like a windows media program is sucking up all his RAM and CPU usage by almost 100% the program is wmpnetwk.net..cant uninstall it or shut it down..I keep telling him to just uninstall Vista cuz this problem didnt start till he installed the OS, and when I unplug him from the Router everthing works fine and I can play my online games (Lineage II ftw!) without lag and surf the net with no troubles...but once we plug him in my ping goes haywire and makes browsing and playing unbearable....HELP!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I really don't know what program that is, but I do know vista uses massive amounts of ram and cpu power. I think its that program that's sucking all the bandwitdth. tell him to reinstall vista again.

I really don't know what program that is, but I do know vista uses massive amounts of ram and cpu power. I think its that program that's sucking all the bandwitdth. tell him to reinstall vista again.

Why not just eliminate the program?

It appears this thread has been cross-posted amongst a number of other forums. I think re-installing Vista for this one issue isn't really sound advice. I'm not familiar just yet with the Vista startup process, but it's feasible that there's some kind of MSCONFIG-type program to run to eliminate this process.

Is your friend running any P2P software on these systems, like Bittorrent, perhaps?

THIS is not a Vista process it's from mediaplayer 11!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.