compatibility issues made it necessary to switch from zone alarm to kerio personal. i was told that it is complicated.
my greatest fear is that i have already allowed a hacker in. would any of you experienced kerio personal firewall users guide me thru the steps of shutting down traffic, allowing necessary traffic passage, and researching the connections i have already allowed.
when i get a message like this, "incoming alert- a computer at 34.737.272.6 is attempting to gain access to your computer" how do i know if this is a good guy or a bad guy. any programs that i can use to find out who this IP address is? thanks, Ed James

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I use windows firewall ,but here is a site to search ip address although it shows noting for the one you posted .
http://whois.domaintools.com/

caperjack,
that's alot of interesting stuff that you've provided me with. i am going to be busy for a while. thanks, Ed James

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.