Hi,

I am running Windows XP Prof SP2 on a Celeron 2.0 GHz with 512 MB RAM. I would like to know if it is possible to install two different versions of the Yahoo Messenger on the same machine at the same time. I would like to install the Y Messenger US and Indian versions together, as the US version has the voice chat feature and the Indian version allows me to send local SMS to cell phones ( I am in India). The US version cannot be used to send local SMS to Indian cell phones and the Indian version does not have the voice chat feature. Is there a way to do this? I would be obliged if someone could help me out.

rational611

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you install them in 2 different folders it shouldnt be a problem..... (I dont think anyway)

Good luck :)

If you install them in 2 different folders it shouldnt be a problem..... (I dont think anyway)

Good luck :)

I have already tried that and its not working. I am being asked by the second Yahoo installer to uninstall the current installation before proceeding. It seems the installer is detecting the first Yahoo insallation in the registry. Any more ideas?

rational611

Try deleting the entries for the other Yahoo version (BACK THEM UP) and after you install the 2nd one,IMPORT the entries for the 1st one back into the reg......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.