When I pull up My Computer to access the different drives and folders all the icons on my screen blink. I don't what caused it. It started about a week ago.

Any help will be appreciated. If you need additiaonal info please let me know.

Cobrarr2003 :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Please post your hijackthis log in our viruses and spyware section.

When I pull up My Computer to access the different drives and folders all the icons on my screen blink. I don't what caused it. It started about a week ago.

Any help will be appreciated. If you need additiaonal info please let me know.

Cobrarr2003 :cry:

This may be because of the monitor refresh rate that is being high reset it to the exact one it should stop flickering.

Thanks that was a good idea. My refresh rate is at 60hz and the drivers for the Viewsonic monitor have been loaded. The blinking only occurs when pulling up "My Computer". The old File Manager, CNTL + E. When I do this All Icons on the desktop and within Explorer bliink. And sometimes it locks up the computer and I have to stop the process.

Hope this additional information helps.

Still Blinking... Cobra_RR

The blinking only occurs when pulling up "My Computer". The old File Manager, CNTL + E.
Still Blinking... Cobra_RR

don't have an answer but have a ? .if ctrl +e is old file manager ,what is the new file manager ,thanks

You are too funny.... It is the Windows key +e and it is called my computer... which is the same as Win 98 File Mgr.. Something recently loaded caused this issue and I can only assume it must of been a MS update. But all the Icons blink and when this is happening you can not select a file or execute anything in My Computer.... We will get to the bottom of this... Will keep you posted... Thanks

um, its called talking to your customer care service kit. the kit has many answers to award ye who shall ask for it

commented: Nice work pulling up a four year old thread to post this. -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.