hi any help would be appretiated.

my mates hard drive just failed in his hp pavillion 423.uk so im helping him gettin his pc runin again. i installed a new hard drive and put on xp pro with no problem.

The thing is that the computer didn't come with any display sound etc drivers on disk they were already on the hard drive.

So i am constantly viewing the screen in 640x480 and am in need of the display driver which i cannot find.

can anyone help.

thanks

g

hp pavillion 423.uk
1.8 celeron
xp pro
mobo: Hewlett-Packard HP System Board HP P/N
VG31316
256mb
80gb wd hd

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

have you checked hp's website?

my aunt has an oldish hp (pentium 3) and after upgrading to xp the same thing happened

have you checked hp's website?

my aunt has an oldish hp (pentium 3) and after upgrading to xp the same thing happened

Yes i have checked the hp website they only have mostly updates for the drivers not the actual drivers i need.

anyway i did some further investigating with the mobo and got sum details of that ie, chipset and onboard graphics and found the drivers on an intel website problem solved.

thanks for your time anyway.
g

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.