Hello all. My sister is having a problem with Rundll32 and can not get online to download any fixes because her AOL wont install correctly because of the Rundll32 error. Is there a way to fix the error offline? Any informatioin would be much appreciated.

Susan :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Exactly what RunDLL32 error is it? That makes a big difference. Please tell us what the message said, and we could perhaps help you more.

Exactly what RunDLL32 error is it? That makes a big difference. Please tell us what the message said, and we could perhaps help you more.

The exact error was:
Windows can not find Rundll32.exe. Program is needed for opening files of type IBD files.

Another time it said the same error but with BAK files.

Susan

If rundll32.exe is truly corrupt or missing, it can be reinstalled from the .cab files either on the hard drive or on the Windows installation CD. The restore process (and the location of the "fresh" copy of the file) may vary depending on your exact version of Windows; try some of the suggestions in this Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=rundll32.exe+cab+file+extract&btnG=Google+Search

DMR.. Thank you so much for your help! You have brought my sister back online to chat, we live 22 hours away from eachother, and after the last 3 days of her calling AOL and Gateway and them saying it was the other ones problem, I can now chat with my sister again! THANK YOU!! :D

Glad I could help. :)

Happily marking this one as solved...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.