b.bea 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone,

I have been searching the Internet trying to fix several problems I am having, I think I have managed to fix one but I am hoping you can help with the others.

The problem I "think" I fixed, I was receiving an error message - application failed to initialize 0x800106ba A problem caused windows defender to shut down (I think this started to occur when I installed Norton?) I went on to the MS web site which advised me to remove windows defender which I did, my question is do I need windows defender even though I have Norton?

The other problem I have been having for some time and cannot find a solution to is every time I shut down windows I receive a message - CCAPP.EXE failed to shut down properly, I have done a search for this programme and it comes up as C:\Program Files\common files\Symantec Shared, I click on the file but nothing happens, the file above it says CCAPP.EXE-1207B2A5.ph, when I click on this it says to open this file windows needs to know what programme created it. I have no idea how to fix this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks B