Hi frnds iam here after a loooooooooong time :jump: how ru guys:salute:

My problem is related with Autocad 2005, i will explain in detail

My internet cafe has 7 systems 6 clients and 1 server all of the has 2k professional loaded with almost same application. everything was fine but one day i noticed is when i opened a word document and closed it, it's icon automatically changed to some unknown the file format showed autocad script file. When i try to open it there is some type of codes in it no text. This happens in the server and when i opened the word files from client computers they too changed and also got deleted automatically. When i open them the icon changes and the file gets deleted.

I formated the server and loaded everything fresh but after installin autocad 2005 the same problem appeared icon changes no text in the file only codes and file gets deleted, But when i uninstall autocad the file gets to its actual format i.e. word and opens but still gets deleted. I know the icon changing is due to autocad 2005 but why it is getting deleted :confused: i also tried with autocad 2007 but icon still changes

Any solution for this plz help me guys

waiting for u replie

thanx in adv

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

not a single reply wat happen to this forum no body cares to reply

sounds like autocad is associating itself with the wrong file extensions.

There is also the possibility that both pieces of software want the same file extension. I have had this problem before.

It happens because Microsoft keeps appropriating new extensions for itself without first checking to see if other software is already using those extensions.

Note: I hope you aren't making up your own file extensions, as DOS users used to do? You can't do that anymore. Microsoft Word files are limited to the .doc extension.

i didnt get the required help:sad: were have the experts gone. But i figured out the problem:jump: the systems were infected with win32/vb.nhv trojan which hides the original file and creates a duplicate file with an extension scr and when we open the file and close it the duplicate file is being deleted were the original file is still in the system somewere hidden.

I changed my antivirus to Nod32 which found this virus hidden in c:/recycled with a duplicate files of system Ex. svchost.exe. smss.exe ctfmon.exe, spoolsv.exe

I scanned my system with nod32 antivirus in safe mode and deleted all the infected files now the system are working fine:jump:

i had encountered a problem almost similar to yours when dealing with my word documents. thanks very much it's now fixed. the problem now is that after start up i find the following error "cannot find the file 'C:\recycled\SVCHOST.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available".

my machine is still slow as well as my internet access. it freezes after barely 20 minutes of working and i constantly restarts it after it freezes. could this be the cause. i am working on widows 2000 server. i also need urgent help pliz.

i didnt get the required help:sad: were have the experts gone. But i figured out the problem:jump: the systems were infected with win32/vb.nhv trojan which hides the original file and creates a duplicate file with an extension scr and when we open the file and close it the duplicate file is being deleted were the original file is still in the system somewere hidden.

I changed my antivirus to Nod32 which found this virus hidden in c:/recycled with a duplicate files of system Ex. svchost.exe. smss.exe ctfmon.exe, spoolsv.exe

I scanned my system with nod32 antivirus in safe mode and deleted all the infected files now the system are working fine:jump:

run HiJackThis
===download hijackthis: http://216.180.233.162/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe
-install it to a new folder alongside your program files and then rename the Hijackthis.exe to imabunny.exe.
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-click the Scan and Save a Logfile button. Then take a copy of your problem from your post above and start a new thread in Viruses n Nasties forum. Post the log there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.