Recently my Floppy, CD-RW and DVD drive disappeared from under the MY COMPUTER folder. I checked under device manager and it doesnt appear there either. everything is plugged in correctly and wont show up. if i put a disk or floppy in its respected drive, nothing happens. PLease help!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi, did you make changes to the registry? try going to the command line.. and try to change to a specific drive like going a:, d:,see if you can access, if it has an error then, boot to cmos check if your system still recognize those drives that you mention

Sense you didn't state what os you were running, I'm going to assume that it's Xp. If so go back to my computer, divice management and look to see if the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers are working. There's a slim chance that you may have lost the driver to those. If those are working, try the last known good configuretion and see if that doesn't restore them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.