my computer won't boot past the windows xp display. when it gets to that point, the system just shuts down. i trued to reload it but it shuts down during reload as well.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

my computer won't boot past the windows xp display. when it gets to that point, the system just shuts down. i trued to reload it but it shuts down during reload as well.

most likely cause of you problem is heat ,open case side and check for dirty fans of fans that are not working ,also tell us a little about you computer like CPU.waht windows OS amount of ram and sh-t like that

well, its running windows xp sp2, 512 mb of RAM on a mecury motherboard. i'v tried to dust it up, removed the RAM and blown out the dust in the sockets but that only hastens the pace at which my system shuts down

sorry,could be a lot of things bad ,video card.bad motherboard ,bad power supply bad dialup modem ,bad keyboard ect ect ect ect ect ect

I sorted it out. Some one took out my fan and didn't fit it in properly. I took it out blew it free of dust, replaced it properly so that it had contact with the processor and it worked-she's running perfectly.

thats good news. i thought it sounded like a heat problem!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.