Hi!

re: interest in Network Security.

Where does one start?
What are the certifications and accomplishments required?

pasmen

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pasmen

yes you need to know switches and router how they function and how to secure them i suggest you do Security + ccna then cissp, reason being you want to get a firm grasp of the Cisco systems and this vast and some what complex. CISSP focus only on security if your brain can manage them all at one i know a great boot camp you can go to and get all in as little as 2 week (does require prior knowledge to be of benefit)

For a complete start, go down to your local library and get out some books on Network Security, Browse the internet for security articles and tutorials. When you know enough, then try a certification.

Thanks, Michael. I did actually visit the library and took a look around before posting my question here.

I am also interested to hear from people already working in the field of Network Security -about the nature and conditions of their work, etc.. - kinda hoping to gain info on this subject from all angles, as it were...

Regards,
pasmen

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.