Hi!

re: interest in Network Security.

Where does one start?
What are the certifications and accomplishments required?

pasmen

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

start with CompTIA Security+, CISSP after that

Thanks, Dima.

What about Cisco's CCNA ?

yes you need to know switches and router how they function and how to secure them i suggest you do Security + ccna then cissp, reason being you want to get a firm grasp of the Cisco systems and this vast and some what complex. CISSP focus only on security if your brain can manage them all at one i know a great boot camp you can go to and get all in as little as 2 week (does require prior knowledge to be of benefit)

well, another good cert to have would be the one from CheckPoint and from Juniper

Thanks for the responses. I'll check it out.

For a complete start, go down to your local library and get out some books on Network Security, Browse the internet for security articles and tutorials. When you know enough, then try a certification.

Thanks, Michael. I did actually visit the library and took a look around before posting my question here.

I am also interested to hear from people already working in the field of Network Security -about the nature and conditions of their work, etc.. - kinda hoping to gain info on this subject from all angles, as it were...

Regards,
pasmen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.