Hey I just reinstalled the drivers for my network wireless adapter, netgear wg111. I have a netgear DG834G and the computer's internet, connected to it through ethernet, works fine. Before I uninstalled the connection was working perfectly but after I reinstalled it it would stay at 'aquiring network address' for a while then tell me it failed to. I've tried renewing from ipconfig but an error message occurs saying 'unable to connect to DHCP server, request timed out'. I tried flushing the DNS from ipconfig. I also tried resetting winsock.
All this was to no avail.
Any ideas to help?

Thanks alot.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

are u getting any ip addresss, does the network connection show connected , what operating system are you running, how many pc/devices are you connecting to the router

1. I get an IP address from ipconfig
2. The network shows connected with 'very good' connection just cannot aquire network address
3. I'm using windows XP sp2
4. At the moment I've got two computers connected to the router, one through ethernet and the other with an adapter, which is the one I'm having problems with.

Hey I just reinstalled the drivers for my network wireless adapter, netgear wg111. I have a netgear DG834G and the computer's internet, connected to it through ethernet, works fine. Before I uninstalled the connection was working perfectly but after I reinstalled it it would stay at 'aquiring network address' for a while then tell me it failed to. I've tried renewing from ipconfig but an error message occurs saying 'unable to connect to DHCP server, request timed out'. I tried flushing the DNS from ipconfig. I also tried resetting winsock.
All this was to no avail.
Any ideas to help?

base on the highlighted/underline text in red how can you have this, stated in green/underline

Thanks alot.

1. I get an IP address from ipconfig
2. The network shows connected with 'very good' connection just cannot aquire network address
3. I'm using windows XP sp2
4. At the moment I've got two computers connected to the router, one through ethernet and the other with an adapter, which is the one I'm having problems with.

is this in reference to the wireless..

did you try to reboot all the devices. power off all devices, then reboot modem, wait 20sec then router, then your pc.

are you using wireless zero to control the wireless network ? or are you using the wireless card utility to configure the wireless? is the netwiork encrypted (WEP or WPA) is the router configured to MIXED ( your would have to log into the router to find this out.)

Erm yes, I think, that's what it says on the computer that isn't working.
I didn't think I'd have to reset my router since it's working on the computer it is connected to, I figured it was my wireless computer that had the problem.
I'm using the Netgear software to configure the wireless and the network is encrypted to WEP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.