Hi All

I'm new to the forums, and would like to thank you in advance for any help you can offer. Also, I do apologize at the relative simplicity of this question, I'll just get on with it now.

I just set up a wireless network for my home and attempted to set the network up under WPA-PSK TKIP protection. I am using a broadband connection and a Linksys WRT54G router. Upon setting up the passphrase (using the linksys disc and setup wizard) I noticed that it differed from the other encryption types in that the wizard only gave space for me to enter a passphrase and there was no area where it generated an actual Key or a Generate button.

With this I assumed that my Key would simply be my passphrase, however, upon entering the passphrase when attempting to connect to the network it notified me that the Key did not match. I checked and double checked to make sure I was putting in the passphrase accurately, but no dice.

So my question then is whether there is a problem with a network, or if I need to find a way to figure out what my passphrase would encrypt into. And if that's the case - how would I do that.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well, I figured it out. Thanks for reading though.

I downloaded the wireless manager from Intel (manufacturer or my wireless card) and used that instead of the default windows wireless manager. Then I configured the router manually using explorer and the IP as opposed to using the set-up disc that came with the router. And voila, wireless internet.

Please help me, I don't know what to do with my Wii, I went to go set up the internet settings and I went to wireless connections to look for an access point and I found an access point but it asked for this WPA-PSK(TKIP) thingy and I dont know the password or key please help me out this access point was named llaja

If you don't own the AP, don't connect to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.