Are the Netgear routers set to a default WPA key or do they all have a different one?

Sorry but i dont know the model of the Netgear router because its not my router but i can pick it up on my laptop

Im in Dublin Ireland

Regards,

Gavin

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

If it is not your router, and the network is protected by WPA encryption, why are you asking us? Ask the network admin if you have a legit access requirement. It does sound awfully like you are wanting us to help you to access a network that you should not be accessing - and that would be against the rules of DaniWeb and earn you an infraction...

Im sorry :(

Was about to say the same thing. And no, the key should have been created at setup, usually from a passphrase.

Could the admin delete this thread thanks

Gav

better ask happgeek or the board admin

I have just installed a couple of netgear Routers supplied to me by Sky. They both have different keys and therefore I would assume that neither one is ableto access the other.

Holliday

please be nice people

I need to find my WPA2-PSK9(TKIP) code for ny nintendo dsi but dont know how to do it.please help me!!!!!

sorry.there is no 9 in it

are you there happygeek?

Netgear WPA-PSK(TKIP) Key Reply to Thread

I just want to have the internet on my DSi.I need the security key for netgear.If you can't help me, then I'm fine with it.

It is a WGR614v9 router by Netgear and I need to find the Network key. Can you help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.