Good afternoon.

My company currently has an application hosted on a server within our firewall. We would like to give access to this application to our clients publicly without compromising our network or giving access to areas not related to this application. What would be the most secure yet cost-effective way to accomplish this? Currently, we are running serveral Windows 2003 servers.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What kind of app is it? How many clients need access? Do you currently have a VPN solution for your own employees?

Thanks for the reply.

It's a proprietary accounts payable module the number of clients who will need access to it is unknown at the moment (let's estimate about 300-500 clients). We currently use Check Point VPN-1 solution for our employees.

You can restrict connections to it in the "Source" column when you define the new rule allowing specific IP addresses (public or internal) to connect to the specific port.

If you would like additional, detailed information, feel free to contact me and I can walk you through it. I have hundreds of rules for this very thing on mine (CheckPoint).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.