I was currently working in a site having a 2Mbps Leased Line , the modem suddenly started generating error signal and again it went normal, I checked the interfaces of router it showed that the reliablity was 243/255 & a lot of CRC error due to which no webpage was opening, I checked our Lease Lines telephone connection by the telephone companies personal but they tested the line and said the line was ok & there was no noise in it. The Ping to the router (gateway) was ok , also i have reconnected the router & the modem cable , but nothing happned , the problem still persisted. please give me a solution....
regds...
amitshiba

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

consider swapping the router - modem cable and make sure duplex setting matches

consider swapping the router - modem cable and make sure duplex setting matches

Thanks for the reply , after considering your suggestion I have connected back to back those modem and found that the alarm lights was still on and going off after a period of time. This may indicate that the modems are defective or some hardware related problem has been in those modem. anyway .... thank you very much for you kind advice.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.