Hi all! I am using Sitecom WL-160 Router to share Internet from PPPOE Modem. Today I wanted to update the firmware on the router, so used the utility from sitecom (1.67v), anyway I mistakenly uploaded the wrong file, after that the router restarted but didn't work, now I can't use Wland or Lan, I can't access the interface through 192.168.0.1. I reseted the router many times, but it doesn't seem to react. I checked the IP adress from the router, and I attached it to let you see it.
So What can I do? The router functions as it has no software at all. Although when I connect it to the ethernet it shows it is connected (for example through port 2). I still have the two files of the Firmware which I should have uplaoded to the router. :icon_exclaim:
Any help?!

Many thanks in advance!
Karim

-01- Configure a static IP address on your LAN connection, like 192.168.1.2
-Click Start-Click Control Panel-Double Click Network Connections-Right Click Local Area Connection-Left Click Properties-Double Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)-Select 'Use the following IP address'-In the IP address field put 192.168.1.2-Click in the Subnet mask field, it automaticly becomes 255.255.255.0-Click on OK, and click on OK again -
02- Only connect ethernet cable from pc to any LAN port on the router, do not have a broadband modem connected to the router-
03- Put the 1.bin and 2.bin file you downloaded earlier in a folder, eg. c:\firmware-
04- Power off the router by pulling out the power cable-
05- Press the reset button and keep it pressed while you plug back in the cable
-06- Let go of the reset button after 5 seconds
-07- Open a DOS box and go to the folder C:\Firmware
-08- upload the first firmware file with the following command:TFTP -i 192.168.1.6 PUT 1.bin
-09- After the message 'Transfer successful' wait about 60 seconds
-10- Power off the router again by pulling out the power cable
-11- Again press the reset button and keep it pressed while you plug back in the cable
-12- Let go of the reset button after 5 seconds
-13- upload the second firmware file with the following command:TFTP -i 192.168.1.6 PUT 2.bin
-14- After the message 'Transfer successful' wait about 60 seconds
-15- Do a normal router reset, press button for 5 to 10 seconds,
then the router should work as normal Do not forget to put your LAN connection back to dynamic and wait for about 30 seconds for the pc to obtain an IP address from the router -Click Start-Click Control Panel-Double Click Network Connections-Right Click Local Area Connection-Left Click Properties-Double Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)-Select 'Obtain an IP address automaticly', also make sure 'Obtain DNS server address automaticly' is selected-Click on OK, and click on OK again

theres a small holein the back of the router for the reset switch when you push it you can reset the router when you do then you can setup the new setings \

ohh nooo !!! Karim ok what your going to do is simply relax

now the first thing is to find the version of the software you need
(never update or flash the software...I dont) now once you do that then the same steps you performed to insatll the wrong file .

go thru the same steps and install the correct file .. see its easy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.