Does anyone have a clue why when I plug in my dsl modem to my d-link router it starts up and works fine for like 20 minutes then I lose internet connection..

I talked to my work IT guy and he told me to download a new driver, does anyone have a good site to intall one that might help my issue.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Does anyone have a clue why when I plug in my dsl modem to my d-link router it starts up and works fine for like 20 minutes then I lose internet connection..

I talked to my work IT guy and he told me to download a new driver, does anyone have a good site to intall one that might help my issue.

Thanks

More information please. can you ping the modem and the router? does the dsl modem drop the internet or just the router? Did you try different cables, Did you check logs on the router and modem?

More information please. can you ping the modem and the router? does the dsl modem drop the internet or just the router? Did you try different cables, Did you check logs on the router and modem?

I am not sure how to ping the modem and the router. It drops the internet, I have tried different cables, and how do I check the logs.

Thanks

ipconfig /all

ping <ipv4 gateway given above> for your router and then
tracert google.com
the one where it leaves your internal network right after your router ip unless your modem has no routing in which case you can't ping it but most home dsl modems have routing abilities built in.
is your dsl phone line shorter than 3 ft?

ipconfig /all

ping <ipv4 gateway given above> for your router and then
tracert google.com
the one where it leaves your internal network right after your router ip unless your modem has no routing in which case you can't ping it but most home dsl modems have routing abilities built in.
is your dsl phone line shorter than 3 ft?

my dsl phone line is longer then 3 ft

can you try a shorter one and what were the results of the other commands?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.