Itzamna 0 Newbie Poster

hi guys not sure if you can help but here goes. For the past year i have been running a home web server using apache 2 with no problems. I was using a speedtouch 330 usb modem with windows xp internet connection sharing. My Isp kindly provide me with a free static ip. All was working find till today. Today i decided to upgrade my system to a wireless router. I purchaced a dlink adsl modem and a buffalo wireless router. First i configured the modem. All worked ok the network connection shows the static ip when connected and the internet and the webserver all work ok. I then disconected the adsl modem from my net card and connected it to the buffalo wbr2-g54s rounter. The router has dhcp enabled so my network connection now has a new ip 192.168.11.3. The internet works find but my webserver is now not working or a can not connect to it. I contacted buffalo support and they advised i use the managment software to setup address translation. I set the dmz to point to the pc with the webserver installed. The support staff seem to think this is all that is needed but my webserver is still not showing up if i point it to the domain name or static ip. The webserver does work localy. Is there something i am missing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.