Hi,

My computer is in a network connection. There are times that I lose my internet connection but my officemates have their internet connection. But I can access their shared folders via LAN, it means I'm connected to them. Its only my connection!

So everytime it happens, I always try to restart my computer to have my internet connection. Is there a way not to restart my computer to have an internet connection if I lose it again?

Thanks,
Jovy

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yes there is but it depends on which operating system you are using and what typoe of lLAN connection you have. If it is wireless then it could be something interfering with the signal.

IF it is Windows XP go to Start, Control Panel, Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and check the status. If needed do a "Repair".

If it is Vista go to Network and Sharing Center and click the status option to the right of your Local Connection. Do a "Diagnose and repair" and try what they suggest.

What you really need is to find out what is causing it.

Wow great I will try your solution if in case it will happen again. I don't know what is the cause of that. I think the cable that is connected to my Lan Card. Maybe it is somehow loose.

Thank you so much. I think I have to mark this as solved. :-)

your random losing the connection is coming from the internet device ....unplug for 10 minutes then plug the power cord back in after that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.