I want to know how to open ports.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you go into your router admin page usually something like 192.168.1.xxx the last numbers are usually either 1, 101, or 100 i dont know how you find it. Once you have that, you have to login to the router admin page, default router pass is username: admin, password:admin, you will probably know wat yours is. now im not sure for your router but i have a linksys you click on the tab that says applications and gaming, now on other routers it is probably a similiar name just browse until you find port forwarding.

Now there should be a table that has like: application, port range start, port range end, protocol, ip adress, enabled

now for the application give it w/e name u want, but like something u want to remember that it belongs to that app. now in the port range u put the ports you want to open, then for protocol select both tcp and udp, and then the ip adress should already be filled out, then just check enable d and click save settings at the bottom of the page. i use port triggering too, which is similiar and seems to have more results. For that just select the port triggering tab and then just enter the app name, the port range and then repeat the port range.

hope i helped maybe someone will come along and clear up some things i was a lil fuzzy on.

you go into your router admin page usually something like 192.168.1.xxx the last numbers are usually either 1, 101, or 100 i dont know how you find it. Once you have that, you have to login to the router admin page, default router pass is username: admin, password:admin, you will probably know wat yours is. now im not sure for your router but i have a linksys you click on the tab that says applications and gaming, now on other routers it is probably a similiar name just browse until you find port forwarding.

Now there should be a table that has like: application, port range start, port range end, protocol, ip adress, enabled

now for the application give it w/e name u want, but like something u want to remember that it belongs to that app. now in the port range u put the ports you want to open, then for protocol select both tcp and udp, and then the ip adress should already be filled out, then just check enable d and click save settings at the bottom of the page. i use port triggering too, which is similiar and seems to have more results. For that just select the port triggering tab and then just enter the app name, the port range and then repeat the port range.

hope i helped maybe someone will come along and clear up some things i was a lil fuzzy on.

This case has been soveld.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.