I am a public school teacher and my PC was part of a domain. When I tried to join a homegroup in order to print from a network printer, it deleted the domain and joined the homegroup. Once I restarted my computer and had to log back in, I couldn't. So now I can't even get into my computer.

Is there someway I can login to be able to change the networking back to domain? What if I go through safe mode or something? My ID is supposed to be an admin ID. I also tried using the computer teachers ID (she is an admin) and it wouldn't let her log in either.

It always say "Windows Security - The specified account does not exist" no matter who tries to login. I am running Windows 7.

Please help! Is there anything I can do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you were part of a domain you could have added the printer to the domain.Have you got full admin right to access the domain.You can reset user password on the Server and should let you back into the domain.

Re-boot press F8 while system boots. Boot selection screen will appear select boot to safe mode. After Windows loads it will show a window asking if you would like to restore your system to a previous time select yes. Choose a time prior to your changes and restore. After reboot all your domain settings should be retored.

I am a public school teacher and my PC was part of a domain. When I tried to join a homegroup in order to print from a network printer, it deleted the domain and joined the homegroup. Once I restarted my computer and had to log back in, I couldn't. So now I can't even get into my computer.

Is there someway I can login to be able to change the networking back to domain? What if I go through safe mode or something? My ID is supposed to be an admin ID. I also tried using the computer teachers ID (she is an admin) and it wouldn't let her log in either.

It always say "Windows Security - The specified account does not exist" no matter who tries to login. I am running Windows 7.

Please help! Is there anything I can do?

Try the domain log in by typing the domain name followed by the back slash and then the user name while physically plugged into the domain. If that doesn't work you can download and burn Ophcrack.
]http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd[/URL]
Boot to the disc and reset the local administrator account. Follow the directions and you should be able to boot normally and then join the domain again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.