It shows only

Transmit Power
Wireless Mode
Adhoc Channel 802.11b/g
Fat Channel Intolerant
Roaming Aggressiveness

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

You cant change the MAC address of all makes of wireless cards, especially most integrated ones, its quite annoying. For example, i needed to set the one on my laptop into Promiscious mode to packet-sniff, but it wouldnt let me. stupid OEM card... im sure its some dell conspiracy..

I does not want to change all mac of my allwireless card
I want to change mac of my wireless card who is connected to my wifi

if it shows Network Address in Advanced tab then I can Modify that value but It doesnot show Network Address

how do i implement this

You cant change the MAC address of all makes of wireless cards

I meant they are some cards that dont support doing so

I does not want to change all mac of my allwireless card
I want to change mac of my wireless card who is connected to my wifi

if it shows Network Address in Advanced tab then I can Modify that value

but It doesnot show Network Address

how do i implement this

*read* my post. Im not telling you to change the MAC address of *all* your cards, im telling you that it is not always possible to change the MAC of *all brands of* cards. I.e. there are some cards which do not support this, and if the option isnt there, it is likely that yours is one of these.

What jbennet said is true. Although this post should have been in the networking forum. Only specific wifi card is able to do so as there is a software in the adpater that can change the mac address. What version of windows are you using? Did you see Locally Administered Address?

What jbennet said is true. Although this post should have been in the networking forum. Only specific wifi card is able to do so as there is a software in the adpater that can change the mac address. What version of windows are you using?

Good idea, I just moved it to Networking.

commented: Wow, that was quick +10

Changing of MAC address is not possible.I Think It can not be changed at all.

About MAC spoofing

For more general MAC address spoofing, your MAC address is trivially reset with tools available in default installs of most operating systems. Here are some examples:

Linux: ifconfig eth0 hw ether 03:a0:04:d3:00:11
FreeBSD: ifconfig bge0 link 03:a0:04:d3:00:11
MS Windows: On Microsoft Windows systems, the MAC address is stored in a registry key. The location of that key varies from one MS Windows version to the next one, but finding that and you can just edit (not completely) it yourself. There are numerous free utilities you can download to make this change for you as well .

Changing of MAC address is not possible.I Think It can not be changed at all.

About MAC spoofing

For more general MAC address spoofing, your MAC address is trivially reset with tools available in default installs of most operating systems. Here are some examples:

Linux: ifconfig eth0 hw ether 03:a0:04:d3:00:11
FreeBSD: ifconfig bge0 link 03:a0:04:d3:00:11
MS Windows: On Microsoft Windows systems, the MAC address is stored in a registry key. The location of that key varies from one MS Windows version to the next one, but finding that and you can just edit (not completely) it yourself. There are numerous free utilities you can download to make this change for you as well .

I have to disagree with you. The MAC address can be changed either the normal way, throught the advanced control panel, using a software or registry. But some wifi cards does not allow you to do that.

hi

i m using windows 7 ultimate 64bit
it doesnot show Locally Administered Address

hi

I changed mac manually in registry file it doesnot work

hi

I changed mac manually in registry file it doesnot work

Not all cards have the ability to change the MAC in software.

Since using registry does not work, the conclusion is your card does not support changing the MAC address.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.