i know very little about networking...i have had a desktop for a while. recently got a laptop, wireless card, and router...i am now able to access the net through the laptop. What i need to know is, can i fix it to where I can access files in the desktop from the laptop and vice/versa? If I can, can ANYONE please tell me (step by step) what I need to do? i appreciate your time and experience. Thanks in advance!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have the same question! I can split my broadband connection (cable) between my two desktops with the Linksys WRT54G wireless router, but I'm having problems sharing files, printers and harddrives.

lets make a deal...if i find out...i'll let you know.....you do the same....deal?

ok make sure your computers are on the same network (Windows button+pausebreak >computer name) if they are on the same name try disabling all firewalls/av's as norton breaks stuff..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.