Hi, folks
I'd like to start by telling you I have been out of IT completely for a number of years, with the exception of removing viruses from my kids computers and paper jams from my wife's printer. My last Linux build was Slackware 5. In short, I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but my knowledge is extremely dated.

I have four pre-teen/teen kids, who are costing me 150 GB/month in videos and online gaming. I want to know if it is possible to:

1. Assign devices to a user name
  2. Assign volume caps to the user name

Ideally, I'd like Johnny and Sally to each get 25 GB/month regardless of whether they are logged on to PS3, YouTube or Netflix.
My resources are a D-Link WBR2310 router, a Linksys WRT54GL router, a Toshiba L300 Core Duo laptop I am using as a print server, and the 2Wire 2701 gateway that belongs to the phone company.

Any suggestions?

Find another ISP without caps (or bigger ones), or get an unlimited business account - costs more, but is probably cheaper in the long run.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.