helo,

i receive my connection wireless thru a DLINK access point (my isp took its mac adress) there is a straight (i also tried crossed same result) cable plugued into the AP wich i use as internet connection.
my isp gave me static ip settings...
when i plug the cable into my desktop NIC it functions well, same for the laptop all works fine websites everything but

i have a problem connecting to websites after i installed a
router to share my internet connection with all my computers
at home.
i have a linksys wireless g router. i configured everything well in the router and the dhcp server of the router did for my computers. but the problem is that i have no acces to websites, only msn messenger worked well on all pc's wired and wireless connections all went ok for msn, and for the LAN i didnt try yet one thing at a time lets resolve the internet first.
i attached with the thread a print screen of my router configuration
page.
for your information the dhcp server of the router gave to one of my computers (all my computers have received the same config only IP differs ) :
IP (192.168.1.100)
the subnet mask is (255.255.255.0)
the gateway is the ip of the router (192.168.1.1)
the DNS is (172.26.25.1) the same as my ISP's one

tx in advance for any help

open up command prompt and ping your router. Also ping your isps website. If you can ping your isps website but can't connect to other pages then the problem lies with your isp.

I am curious as to why MSN would work but browsing would not. That would imply that the http port: 80 is not open. Try forwarding that port in your router's configuration panel.

If the port is open, it seems like you may have to have the DHCP server of your router assign all your computers a dynamic ip address or call your isp and have them assign you new static ip addresses that are within range of the router. This assumption is based on the fact that you installed a router after your isp assigned your computers static ip addresses. Routers are picky about accepting computers that they did not configure fully themselves.

open up command prompt and ping your router. Also ping your isps website. If you can ping your isps website but can't connect to other pages then the problem lies with your isp.

I am curious as to why MSN would work but browsing would not. That would imply that the http port: 80 is not open. Try forwarding that port in your router's configuration panel.

If the port is open, it seems like you may have to have the DHCP server of your router assign all your computers a dynamic ip address or call your isp and have them assign you new static ip addresses that are within range of the router. This assumption is based on the fact that you installed a router after your isp assigned your computers static ip addresses. Routers are picky about accepting computers that they did not configure fully themselves.

after you told me i tried all of this none worked, i tried port forwarding for the port 80 after this i tried something named DMZ on the router this opens all ports and forward it to one computer you chose by putting his static ip i did this but only msn worked...

i didnt understood what do you mean by my isp giving me IP in range of my router ??? the router cannot take any ip ?? and for the msn working its really strange do you think about a manufacturing problem ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.