Im trying to secure my laptopusing the wep key. My wife and I know the key but not the kids. I would like to know how to ensure that xp doesnt store the key after a succeful login. I would like to have to type it in every time I turn the machine on so the kids cant use the internet on the laptop. As it is now it is saving it. Any help would be appreciated.

77Railer

Hello,

I'm not sure if router internet encryption is the right way to cut off internet connection to your computer. Generally, the only use for WEP is for keeping strangers from entering your network. XP tries to make it easier for you to connect, so it stores it automatically.

Something better to use is a program that cuts off the internet connection. One such program is the shareware program Internet Password Lock ($20). You'll probably find this much easier to use than a WEP key.

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.