I'm attempting to connect to my LinkSys Administration Interface as i have done many times in the past. http://192.168.1.1/.

However in all my browsers (netscape, opera, iexplore) it says page can not be found!? None of the browsers are going through a proxy.

I can ping the router successfully and my computer is assigned IP 192.168.1.100 and uses the gateway 192.168.1.1. I am connected to the internet just fine. However i can't connect to my router's web interface.

:mad:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do a hard reset on the router, perhaps? Most Linksii have a small recessed reset button on them somewhere which, if pressed for 10 seconds or so, will clear the router out to its facory defaults.

also try just powering it off for 60 seconds and starting it back up.

it appears the ip address assigned to your system is not on the same subnet as the Linksys Router Web Interface. Alter it to something like 192.168.1.3/24 briefly so you can connect to the Linksys Router Web Interface

i've had the same problem...
just try with 192.168.1.101 and it suppose to let you in:)
good luck ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.