Rossco 0 Newbie Poster

Hi Guys,

Firstly I know this is quite a common problem one of which I have resolved on my own many a time but on this one I am stumped.

My PC is on a home network with another PC and 2 Xbox 360s. As per usual everything has been fine up to now.

Yesterday while on the internet my mouse froze and then I was disconnected from the internet (no green light on the router, network cable unplugged). I tried disabling/enabling and reinstalling but nothing.

When I first switch the PC on the green light is on the router but after a bit more loading and what not the green light goes off and I get the unplugged bubble at the bottom right of the screen.

The other machines are able to connect fine to the internet. Another thing I have noticed is that each time I put my PC on the internet connection that isn't working seems to have increased in number. So in connections where it says it is unplugged it say internet connection 2 then 3 and so on. (I am up to 6).

I am running XP and have not installed anything new that recently. There was a JAVA update about three days before this happened so not sure if that is it.

I presume that the card and cable are both ok as that green light comes on when I boot up.

Any ideas or advice is much appreciated, thanks.
Ross.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.