Sorry all and I apologise in advance for asking such a basic question that I am sure has been asked before (just point me to the correct thread if it has ;) ) but......
I have a netgear wireless router with 2 laptops connected wirelessly to the internet, no problems there, both connect and work ok. My question is how can I connect the 2 laptops together wirelessly to share files, I have run the network setup wizard but had no luck, I am obviously doing something wrong but just work out what it is. A step by step idiots guide would be handy :confused:

Thanks in advance
Ernie

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If they're both connecting to the router, then there's nothing wrong with the network - you need to configure both machines with File & Print sharing, and enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

look in the properties for the network connection on both machines, and make sure File & Print sharing is installed. Then look at the advanced TCP/IP Properties, and ensure that NetBIOS is enabled.

If they're both connecting to the router, then there's nothing wrong with the network - you need to configure both machines with File & Print sharing, and enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

look in the properties for the network connection on both machines, and make sure File & Print sharing is installed. Then look at the advanced TCP/IP Properties, and ensure that NetBIOS is enabled.

Thank you worked a treat :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.