I just bought a Microsoft MN-700 G band router. I will be sitting right next to it and it will drop the connection to my laptop and the two desktops i have hooked to it. I am using a D-Link GW630 wireless adapter in my laptop. I have a LinkSys 10/100 NIC card in one of the desktops the other is a Dell optiplex GX110 so I have no idea what kind of card is in it. But any ways I can be sitting there online and it drops the connection. My D-Link software will still see my router but cannot connect to it. I bought it at a trade show for 35$ because the box was a little banged up. I have restored the factory settings a few times and it still does it. The only thing I can think of is the fact that I turned it into an access point so I can still see my other network. I have a network in the house already and I bought this wireless router so I could use my wireless card. any ideas?

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by viperman224

I'm thinking you didn't take to heart your own signature there. :P

You may have a defective router. Have you checked for firmware updates on the router?

I guess I didn't lol. I have had it up now for 2 weeks and it now seems to be fine. It doesn't like my D-Link wireless card for some reason. My friend can bring his laptop down to my house and it works fine for him. So I'm not really sure.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.