I have a webserver that uses port 80 and the port cannot be changed.
is there a way to redirect another port to it?
or a program that can run on a pc that will redirect to the webserver?
my ISP blocks 80 of course, I have 4 webservers that all use port 80 and I
can't change that. they are stand alone units(not computers).

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

is there a way to redirect another port to it?

Yes

or a program that can run on a pc that will redirect to the webserver?

Yes

my ISP blocks 80 of course, I have 4 webservers that all use port 80 and I
can't change that. they are stand alone units(not computers).

The ISP blocking port 80 is strange, so I am assuming it is blocking incoming connections to port 80 on your public IP. Being that you have embedded webservers I'm assuming you don't know how to log in to the embedded devices, and change things.

To redirect another port to the embedded devices you will need to add a configurable router or computer between the devices and the Internet (If I have you topography correct). The easiest way for me would be a basic Linux installation, with a few iptables firewall rules. Should take me an hour.

If you have no Linux experience this might be a day's worth of work. Alternatively you can drop in a computer with MS Windows on it (if you want to go the less functional/expensive way). Unfortunately I have no experience with MS Windows firewall applications. It might take you a day just to decide on a firewall application :)

I have a firebox edge router, which I forward out other ports already.
I just can't figure out how to redirect say port 81 to the webserver which is port 80.

can you put the port forwarding interface screenshot of your router here?

here is a screen shot of my firewall port forwarding

this is probably the wrong interface
do you have anything that mentions virtual servers, port forwarding, redirection etc?

that is the port forwarding on the router.
thats where I have forwarded out all my other ports from.

couldn't find any proper documentation on the site. maybe you should try to call them for support

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.