Up until last week, I was using a wireless 1060 adapter card on my laptop. Then, things started going wrong. My broadband connection speed started going very slow and then stop working altogether. I uninstalled the software and tried putting it back on. When I am prompted to push the card in, I am getting a message saying that the driver software is incompatible. It can't be, I haven't had it very long. I even downloaded some drivers from the BT sites and I'm still getting the problem.

If anybody else has come across this problem and solved it, I would appreciate some help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

sounds like the card is bad.. ive often experienced similar symptoms with the
older 802.11b cards but havnt had any 802.11g cards fail. sometimes the cards
will not install on a second pcmica slot in a laptop and are usually unbridgeable
with the g cards entirely. At any rate, attempt the card in an alternate slot,
or attempt it in an alternate machine. I typically dont use the MFRs drivers
rather the wireless drivers provided with a laptop from the vendors website. I
seem to achieve success more often that way.

sounds like the card is bad.. ive often experienced similar symptoms with the
older 802.11b cards but havnt had any 802.11g cards fail. sometimes the cards
will not install on a second pcmica slot in a laptop and are usually unbridgeable
with the g cards entirely. At any rate, attempt the card in an alternate slot,
or attempt it in an alternate machine. I typically dont use the MFRs drivers
rather the wireless drivers provided with a laptop from the vendors website. I
seem to achieve success more often that way.

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I haven't got another slot on the laptop to try it on, nor have I got another machine. All my other computers are PCs and have no slots. Looks like a might have to buy another card. I have got a BT Voyager 2100. Can I use any cards with it?

BT's website says this about your DSL WAP/ROUTER:

"The BT Voyager 2100 Wireless is a state of the art ADSL Modem developed for 'Self Install' ADSL combined with an IEEE 802.11g Wireless Networking Access Point. The Wireless Router allows you to connect your personal computers to the broadband Internet like any other ADSL Modem without the use of cables between your computer and the ADSL socket."

I sould bet any IEEE standard 802.11g card will work.

LinkSys products tend to be the most reliable, easiest to set up and are fairly cheap in
my opinion.
If it doesnt work just save the reciept and take it back. Comp USA, Best Buy and
Circuit city should all have these readily available.

Happy hunting,
Cain

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.