I've got two hard drives on my computer and one of them is missing. It's the one where I keep all my music/videos/pictures etc.

I can see the shortcut on the desktop but when I click it it says: The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Seagate (G).Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again.

I can't see the drive in My Computer and when I go through Recent Documents to allow me to open a file from there it can see the file but says the same thing as above.

I've gone into Disk Management and can't view it at all either. I've checked all the cables and they're plugged in.

I'm not sure what to do.

Any help?

Try Acronis Disk Director. It 'sees' all your drives and can make you see them as usual.

I've got two hard drives on my computer and one of them is missing. It's the one where I keep all my music/videos/pictures etc.

I can see the shortcut on the desktop but when I click it it says: The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Seagate (G).Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again.

I can't see the drive in My Computer and when I go through Recent Documents to allow me to open a file from there it can see the file but says the same thing as above.

I've gone into Disk Management and can't view it at all either. I've checked all the cables and they're plugged in.

I'm not sure what to do.

Any help?

First you check the BIOS setting, whether the Missing hard drive is also detected by your system or not............. one more thing the data cable from hard disk to mother board may also replaced to find out the what the exact problem our there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.