Hi All,

The other day i was quickly trying to retrieve some info off an old a hard drive in my computer, so being silly and lazy i unclipped the side and plugged it in and switched the computer back on. Now the probelm is i didn't secure it in place and just balanced it on top of an existing hard drive.

Now the next thing i know the drive slipped off top of the other drive and there was a little bang and suddenly a smell of burning. Immediatley i unplugged the drive and the computer, and sure enough some of the circuitry had burnt out.

The next day i bought a new pcb for the drive thinking that would be all i needed to do to get it working again but it's still dead. Now i am kicking myself for being such an idiot, i am normally never so stupid and can not believe i have lost all of that information, this will certainly teach me, but is there anyway i can get the drive working again, or should it go straight in the bin.

Thanks

Lee

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well, There is a way. Pay the data Professionals to read your platter in the process break your wallet.

I have had that happen to me a few times. But I never learn.

Cheers Finito,

I will look in to it, though i know it isn't going to be a cheap solution, the bin is looking more favorable at the moment.

Well, There is a way. Pay the data Professionals to read your platter in the process break your wallet.

I have had that happen to me a few times. But I never learn.

Thats where my drives end up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.