I bought a Memorex BD Player with Netflix streaming. The streaming worked fine unless you use the machine to play a disc. After that, the Netflix video would be scrambled unless you unplugged it, plugged it back in, and reset the wireless connection to the router (Linksys). We returned the Memorex and bought a Vizio and now I'm having the exact same problem. Is this a common issue with BD Players, or is there some known issue with Linksys routers?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I bought a Memorex BD Player with Netflix streaming. The streaming worked fine unless you use the machine to play a disc. After that, the Netflix video would be scrambled unless you unplugged it, plugged it back in, and reset the wireless connection to the router (Linksys). We returned the Memorex and bought a Vizio and now I'm having the exact same problem. Is this a common issue with BD Players, or is there some known issue with Linksys routers?

I recommend you post your problem on Netflix's own techblog. You'll get immediate access to their VP of Engineering, Christian Kaiser: http://techblog.netflix.com/

What you stated is not common. Follow wmrandall advise and post your problem. Is this problem only happening to you or others who is using the same BD player. If yes, it has to do with your player problem.

I have the same problem with my Memorex BD player. When I unplug player and then plug in, it works again. My Sony Media player in the other room works just fine streaming Netflix. So what did you end up doing with the player?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.