I have a client which is running Peachtree (Sage 50) and one of the work stations loses it connection for a split second and then the program either hangs or runs slow usually requiring a reboot to help Another system on the network loses the connection to the printer scanner also a reboot is required.

Any Idea's please any will be gratefull.

Edited by pritaeas: Moved.

4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by KEN7977

What operating system are the computers running? Are the computers network cabeled or wifi? How about the environment -- fairly quiet like an office or very noisy like in a manufacturing facility? I've known noise to interver with cabled systems, don't know about wifi. Electrical lines (wiring) may also cause interference (see testers).

Edited by Ancient Dragon

Thank you for the questions I should have given more info the operating system is Windows 7 and there are currentely 3 computers on the network. It is an office environment and it is hardwared cat 5 I have tried to move the one computer cable to another outlet and so far that seems to have helped although it did freeze once so far. I am beginning to think the outlet that was run might not have a good solid connectin or it is my a bad cable run. I will check to see if it has been run next to the electrical outlet in the wall. How close do you think 2 close would be?

Thanks any advise will be greatfully accepted.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.