Hello! I'm having no luck with previous threads regarding this same question.

For starters, I just bought two new items for my computer so it's not entirely new, but quite the upgrade

Previous Specs:
PSU: 500w
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965
GPU: nVidia GeForce 660
MOBO: Biostar A880GZ
RAM: 8GB

New Specs
PSU: 500w
CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K
GPU: nVidia GeForce 660
MOBO: BIOSTAR TPOWER X79
RAM: 8GB

I boot it up and hear no beeping sounds all fans are running well. I believe I have everything in place. I can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance!
-Adrian

P.S: I few hours ago I was advised to go through everything again. I did everything 1 at a time (still no luck) but here are the steps I took: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ux47qjv9jg1wdso/ba-0UoSVQH

It's a pretty messy build, so my apologies if it's hard to comprehend.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

Looks like BIOSTAR site says that you have to have the latest BIOS update before that board will work with the processor you listed. Does not really say how you can get to that BIOS.

BIOSTAR TPOWER X79

*In order to support IVY Bridge-E CPU, customer need to upgrade the latest version BIOS and driver

Sounds logical. I'll give it a try. Do you know of any way I'd be able to get the BIOS updated if I can't display in on this monitor?

Hello,

Kind of a catch 22 thing. You would have to have a processor of some sort to be able to update the BIOS. Which means that you would have to buy a slower i7 to be able to get the update done.
I suggest you contact the store you bought it from or BIOSTAR and see what they say.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.