lets suppose Gmail Allows one email account against one computer and they allow a desktop application to login to my email , so i created account using Chrome ,

now to create a second account with gmail if i Delete desktop login application alongwith all its registrery data/ dll files , use hotspot shield to hide my identity , restart my router to change my ip address , clear my browser history from all browsers and download some other browser like Safari etc . is there any possibility that Gmail may detect that this person has already created an account using this maching ? if so please guide me about it

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Probobly, Im no genius but i know that according to law they have to keep all their data (history of users and stuff like that) for about +/- 5-10 years.
If you want facts try googling it ;)

i mean to say will they be able to detect that this guy has already got an account usint this laptop as my records will be changed :) ?

Probobly, Im no genius but i know that according to law they have to keep all their data (history of users and stuff like that) for about +/- 5-10 years.
If you want facts try googling it ;)

No, there is not law that says to need to keep data for that long. Be careful when googling it. Don't fall for misinformed news stories. In fact, it's better to read court cases and the law directly.

lets suppose Gmail Allows one email account against one computer

They don't. Preferably, one person, one account. But there can be lot's of people using one computer, so they wouldn't create a restriction like that.

if i Delete desktop login application alongwith all its registrery data/ dll files , use hotspot shield to hide my identity , restart my router to change my ip address , clear my browser history from all browsers and download some other browser like Safari etc

Slow down there. Google can only collect data you give to them. And they are bound by their own privacy policy. Google will not try to illigally gather information on your personal computer (even if it was possible. it's not.), so there's no need to delete your local account. Deleting anything in registry doesn't make any sense. The browser will not use information in your registry to identify you. Deleting dll files makes even less sense. Dll's don't store information (well, I'm sure if you were dedicated enough, you could make a dll that modifies itself to store information, but that's just being silly). ISP's assign your router ip ranges, so resetting your router won't do to much. But why would you want to anyways? A VPN will allow you to access the internet through a different AP, giving you a completly unrelated ip address. Clearing history also doesn't help much. Infact, the only thing that will help is clearing cookies, which might identify you uniquely, and flash cache.

If you want to remain anonymous, all you really have to do is clear your cookies and use a trustworthy VPN. They will not be able to collect any personal information about you without you giving it to them (besides whats given in the user agent, which just includes your browser and os).

Of course, with a court ordered warrent, the VPN could hand over some meta-data if they still happen to have it. (This get's more complicated if your using a VPN from a different country). If your worried about that, Tor (comes in a package with a nicely configured anonymous browser) and public wifi might be able to help you.

If your worried there is a program on your computer that might be giving you away, you could run the Tor package on LPS (a usb bootable linux distro by the US Air Force).

i mean to say will they be able to detect that this guy has already got an account usint this laptop as my records will be changed :) ?

Not through a web browser. And definatately not legally.

If someone had used your laptop in the past, it might be still possible to figure out he has used it, given enough information about the other person and physical access/illigal malware. If you want to erase any traces of that person using your laptop, then you will need to securly wipe the hard drive. I would personally boot up ubuntu, and run truecrypt a few times if it were a hard disk, or once if it were an ssd.

To prevent anything from my laptop being leaked with physical access, I used truecrypt to encrypt my entire harddisk.

its not about gmail account ,as i said Suppose , problem is that i am freelancer and my profile has been blocked more than 1 profiles are not allowed from 1 pc . i use browser and a desktop app to login to my freelancer account thats y i said removing dlls etc for that ,
so now when i will create a new profile will it cause problems for me as will they be abel to detect it ?

The problem is that once a program is installed onto your computer, it can do a lot of things to identify it. Username, MAC address, drivers, etc... You could try uninstalling it with IOBit's uninstaller, re installing, and create a fresh account. If that doesn't work, you might consider formatting your computer. You can also try appealing to the website that your blocked from. Make sure you read the rules of whatever community your participating in first.

Why are more than once profile not allowed from 1pc? I have 3 on mine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.